Like anything in your house ducts get dirty as well – It is best to inspect the ducts before cleaning. You can take a mirror and a flash light and look inside your air vents to see whats there. You can also use a camera – Turn on the flash, insert the camera into the vent and snap a picture to see if the vents need cleaning. Or you can call Kornell @ 630-848-9258 and schedule a free video inspection/estimate for duct cleaning.
1. How often should I clean my air ducts?
- It is recommended by NADCA to clean air ducts once every 2-3 years, more frequent cleaning might be required under certain conditions (allergies, pets, kids elderly)
2. When is the best time to clean ducts?
- Ducts can be cleaned anytime, there is no better or worse time.
3. How much does air duct cleaning cost?
- The price depends on many factors, we offer three packages designed to fit our customers needs and budget – please call us for free phone estimates 630-848-9258
4. How long does the air duct cleaning process take?
- a house with under 10 vents takes around 3 hours
- a house with 10-20 vents takes 4-6 hours
- a house with 20-30 vents takes 6-8 hours
5. Will air duct cleaning lower my energy bill?
- it definitely can. A clean efficient system is less likely to breakdown and it will have a longer life span.
It’s that time of the year when ducts should be cleaned before turning on the heat. We have both electrical and gas machines allowing us to bring the machines inside if necessary. Both machines have a very strong vacuum which pulls in all the debris from the duct system. We also use rotating brushes that we stick in every vent to agitate the debris. On top of that we sensitize every vent which helps with allergies and bacteria control.